PCL’s current involvement in regional projects and groups, includes:
- Far Beach Restoration Works have been ongoing for almost 20 years at the Southern end of the beach, near Illawong Drive, currently supported by our dedicated volunteer team and Mackay Regional Council. In 2021 we will be seeking community input in the direction of future projects to continue to encourage endemic species to thrive and minimise the effect of destructive environmental processes and emerging weeds.
- Reef Catchments (Mackay Whitsunday Isaac limited) projects. Such as the Disaster Recovery Project ,the Reef Trust IV Revegetation Project and the Reef Assist Program;
- North Queensland Dry Tropics have been supporting PCL to engage with community groups and landholders in the Eungella area to improve land management practices and rainforest regeneration following the devastating 2018 bushfires;
- Involved in the Mackay Whitsunday Isaac Healthy Rivers to Reef Partnership;
- Department of Agriculture & Fisheries Wetland Working Group support PCL to host this group which brings together stakeholders from Mackay, Whitsundays and Isaac regions to discuss and collaborate on wetland management activities in the region;
- Mackay Regional Pest Management Group – thanks to support from Mackay Regional Council, PCL has been a proud member of this group for over 9 years. This group brings together stakeholders to discuss trends and collaborate on pest management.